Monday, February 22, 2010

Thirtysomething

What seems like ages ago, hubby and I got rid of Satellite T.V. and have gotten our T.V. fix via the Internet and Netflix. We are saving something like $80 a month this way. This method has had one benefit I did not expect, discovering old shows and movies.

One night, when I ran out of new stuff to watch, I went looking for something "new" to me and rediscovered the popular show from the 80s, Thirtysomething. The show is timeless. I think I can understand why it was so popular with my parent's generation. Although, I don't believe my parents watched the show, I recognize its appeal. As a relatively new mom and wife, I found the writing on the show to capture the feeling of new parents and their frustrations...and I am only into episode three!

I just love discovering hidden gems.

1 comment: